Friday, February 8, 2013

Freebie Friday: Heart Puzzle Word Association Game!

In therapy, we are talking about how two things are similar and different.  So I made this simple word association game and put the pictures on heart puzzle pieces.  As you know by now, whatever I make for my kiddos you get to have as well.   


So grab your FREEBIE here!



In this activity there are two sheets of 9 heart puzzle word associations and one page of blanks so you can make your own!





Just cut laminate and have your students match up the two pictures that "go together" and explain why.  Some of these associations are more complex or out of the ordinary than others just to increase the complexity and to encourage my kiddos to "think outside the box".

I'm excited to use these, I hope you like them too!


Second freebie below:
I don't think I ever told you this, but my son and I volunteer at a local assisted living on the dementia unit and I make cognitive therapy activities from time to time.  I made the below activity for them.  I know some of you SLPs out there also moonlight with adult patients so I thought I'd add this FREEBIE just for you.  If these types of activities are something you would like to see more of, let me know.  I don't know if this type of activity is something you could us or not so I need your feedback.

This activity is a Famous Couple Heart Puzzle Match Up.  Download, print, cut and have your clients match up which pair of famous people go together!


Grab this freebie here!








Happy Talking!






9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much! I work with younger kids, so the associations with pictures will be PERFECT for them! I can't wait to use it next week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you tell I work with young kiddos too? Hahaha. So glad you can use this material too! Thanks for the feedback. :)

      Delete
  2. Just a couple "little" typos on the Famous couples ---- Jimmy Stewart -- not Steward; and Johnny Cash -- rather than Jonnie. One more I just found was Ronald and Nancy Reagan rather than Regan. These are great. I downloaded the first one about the associations. Oh so many possibilities to go with the Famous Couples. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my GOSH! Thanks Ann for catching all those! That's what I get for copying and pasting from the first internet source I see. Well they are all corrected now! Thanks again for your eagle eye!

      Delete
  3. What great ideas!!! Love them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback CC! I appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for putting together these wonderful activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you can use them! Thanks for the feedback. It I don't hear from people I don't know if these are activities people can use. So I really appreciate you comments!

      Delete
  5. Thank you SOOO Much for sharing this freebie! I will be linking back to it in my blog this week for sure!
    darlagardner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...